Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Morning After


This is what the shop looked like this morning when I opened.

My faithful friends ran the shop for the two busiest days of the year without me. I had to work at my real job. I am truly blessed with their friendship and their playfulness.

Yesterday at 6 p.m. I was rolling south across the Wabasha Street Bridge in St. Paul when I called, having heard nothing from the shop, or any one in it, for two days.

"I'm on my way. How are you guys and what are we doing tonight?" I announced.

"Hold on - yes, that's perfect - no you need to try it on. Go. - Okay, now, Bronwyn. We're on our last customers for the day and we've already started playing dress up without you," explained Mary.

"Barb is so cute and she went home to get some stuff for tonight. Peggy's sewing her costume. I'm wandering around the shop collecting things for my fairy outfit. How soon can you get here?"

"I'll be there in about half an hour. I can't wait to hook up with you guys and play!"

And play we did. I wore the Amazon Warrior "dress." Peggy was a Goth Fairy, Mary was the Cleavage Fairy. Barb was the cutest damn pink thing you ever did see. Dale was our Chauffeur, Merlin the Magician, or Dumbledore - it was hard to tell which.

Today we had several returns, tons of reports of a "great time had," and several First, Second, and Third place finishes at area costume contests. The St. Pauli Girl accessorized himself well by landing a pair of size 12 gold Go-go boots (from where?!?! We can't imagine.) and a lovely blond wig. He struck a great deal and the costume shop owns both items. He also placed second at is bar of choice last night. Rumor has it he took a spill (stepped on the hem of his dress), broke his beer bottles, and was dubbed Oktoberfest Wench after the incident.

We have been doing laundry all day. Kathy showed up to save me from being alone and over-whelmed. We have lots of costumes still available for Halloween and for next weekend, too.

Send pictures - we'd love to post them on the web page. We'll get some of ours up in the next couple of days. Sned photo attachments to dmucostumes@earthlink.net
THANKS.

Have a happy Halloween!!!!

No comments: